This quiz aims at testing your very basic level of programming history as much as we discussed in Lecture 0.
Please submit your answers to each of these questions in a single file (readme.md) in the appropriate directory in your private repository for this course that we created in class today.
Don’t forget to push your answers to your remote repository by the end of quiz time.
Push your quiz-1 readme.md file to quiz/1/ folder in your Github project.
- (A) What is the closest programming language to machine code?
(B) Does it need interpretation in order to become machine-comprehensible?
- (A) Name the oldest high-level programming language that is still in active daily usage.
(B) Approximately how many decades is it old? (the decade it was created is also an acceptable answer)
- (A) Name a second-generation programming language.
(B) Which language-generation are Fortran, C, C++, Java, Python, and R programming languages?
- In what decades C, C++, and Python were created, respectively?
- Name a programming language ancestor of C.
- Name a programming language ancestor of C++.
- Name a programming language ancestor of Python.