This is the solution to Quiz 1: Problems - Programming history.
The following figure illustrates the grade distribution for this quiz.
- (A) What is the closest programming language to machine code?
(B) Does it need interpretation in order to become machine-comprehensible?
Yes. An Assembler interprets the program for the machine.
- (A) Name the oldest high-level programming language that is still in active daily usage.
(B) Approximately how many decades is it old? (the decade it was created is also an acceptable answer) in 1950s
- (A) Name a second-generation programming language.
(B) Which language-generation are Fortran, C, C++, Java, Python, and R programming languages?
third, third, third, third, fourth, fourth
- In what decades C, C++, and Python were created, respectively?
1970s, 1980s, 1990s
- Name an ancestor programming language of C.
- Name a programming language ancestor of C++.
- Name a programming language ancestor of Python.