This quiz aims at testing your knowledge of advanced Git commands, such as branching. Don’t forget to push your answers to your remote repository by the end of quiz time. Push your quiz-3 readme.md file to quiz/3/ folder in your Github project.
- Write down two out of the three different existing commands for getting help about
- Write down the Git command that gives information about the last 3 commits in the project’s history.
- Write down a shortcut Git command that creates a new branch “development” and switches to it automatically.
- Write down the Git command for deleting a branch?
- Is it possible to delete a Git branch while the branch is already checked out?
- What is the Git command that lists ALL tags the project?
- Name the three different generations (not different software) of Version Control Systems ever developed. If you don’t remember the exact names, you can instead briefly explain how each VCS paradigm works.